Jul 22, 2009

Things I do when my wife is traveling: DAYS 7 & 9

Travel for work. As much as possible. No wife at home missing my awesomeness + all expenses paid + exotic destinations where people drive cars and shop in strip malls = an all around good deal. Yesterday's trip was to Minneapolis, MN. Fun fact about Minneapolis: Prince's home town. One of my ex co-workers from Minneapolis loved to remind people about this, as if his hailing from Minneapolis gave her town some sort of unique cachet. I gave her an A for effort.



My trusty steed for the trip - 2009 PT Cruiser. An abomination of American engineering and perhaps the epitome of unimaginative and useless design that has led the American car industry in to the toilet. Take it from an expert. After all, I work for an American bank!



The lobby of the Graves 601 Hotel. Bar none my favorite hotel I've come across in my journeys across the country as a bank pitchman. Fantastic rooms, MONSTER plasma screen TV's, first-rate interior design, excellent food, impeccable service, all for a relatively cheap rate. And I like this backdrop to their front desk... it's a moving sculpture that oscillates with air currents in the room. Looks like something out of Lord of the Rings.



My room, looking out across the Target Center and beyond. No doubt somewhere in the distance Prince is schooling chumps in basketball and serving them pancakes. Game! Blouses!
NEXT UP TOMORROW: West Palm Beach, FL.

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Mike - these posts have been great. I also stayed at the Graves 601 while on business in MN. Great hotel, I'll always remember the shower, which had at least 4 heads/faucets (?) and felt wonderful, although there was a little bit of guilt that came along with using so much water...

Jan said...

Sitting at the FS - looking out at the lake - puffy clouds in the sky. Rather perfect. I LOVE reading your updates - Phil would agree that the PT is/was an abomination. He'll get a chuckle when he reads your comments. Thanks for letting us have Kathryn for the week - it was absolutely awesome!