Sep 6, 2009

Counting down.


(Fox)

We spent some quality hours at Central Park today with a lovely group of friends & lots of food. I think our high today was in the low-70's. It was almost chilly. That means our Sunday afternoons in the park are numbered. I plan on taking full advantage these next few weeks. We're also hoping to spend some nice weekends adventuring out of the city. Who's in? Apple picking & such. Next weekend we're heading up to the Delaware Water Gap for a seminary kickoff activity (canoeing). I guess that counts, right? Oh, & today? I taught sunbeams. That was definitely an adventure. Mike was supposed to be with me but ended up teaching Elder Quorum (I hate spelling that word) at the last minute, so friend Jill offered to come with me in his stead. You know what? True friends help friends sub in sunbeams. Seriously, Jill. You're a gem. Those (precious) kids are sort of crazy & I think I may have ended up curled up in a corner & crying had she not been there. I'm not sure we felt the Spirit today. And to Suzi, too. She helped me make really great paper & string necklaces (to be colored) last night during the BYU game. Those little wonders took care of at least 3 minutes of the lesson time. Awesome.

5 comments:

Celine said...

Cameron and I recently got called to teach the sunbeams together in our ward. They're so cute but you definitely need 2 people to take care of them! Like you said, I think adventure is the right word for it :)

Missy said...

Oh boy. We have 3 sunbeam classes of 10 each. That means 30 sunbeams in our ward. Can you believe it! Each class only has one teacher.

I'm sure those little kids felt the spirit. I always ask Ave what she learned at church and without missing a beat she says "Jesus." They catch onto more than you realize.

erin said...

i think you've met your church service quota for the year. stop making the rest of us look bad.

save us seats in the car for the apple-picking trip.

Lauren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lauren said...

I hope James was good:) I LOVE all your photos - how do you make them so big?