Oct 13, 2009

Give me some texture & I'm happy to wander aimlessly.

Monet. Van Gogh. Renoir. I guess I prefer getting about 6 inches away from these paintings & seeing the thick gobs of brush strokes. And the frames!! I love the frames. I really do like art. I appreciate it. In short doses, but I appreciate it nonetheless. The Met on Friday (with Mike's mother + new friend) - even though I've been a half dozen times at least - was a fun experience, & I liked that we stuck with the impressionists instead of trying to get it all in. I think I'll go back this week. Just because I can.































2 comments:

Jan said...

There's something about the texture ...the relief....It makes it seem so personal. You can imagine the artists hands at work. I love this kind of art...just love it. Lucky you to see it in its original form.

Jeanne said...

Wow, your camera is amazing, really amazing. I want one!
JW