Oct 25, 2009

I'm a city mouse who sometimes likes to run through open fields.


Friend Brad asked me the other day if I was a city mouse or a country mouse. Actually, he didn't say the mouse part - I think he just said girl - but my mom calls herself a country mouse, & then there was that one movie about the little animals who are immigrants... An American Tail (There are no cats in America, & the streets are filled with cheese! 1986. Anyone? Anyone?). Anyway. I told him that maybe I'm both. A country mouse & a city mouse. That I love New York City & consider it home, but that life wouldn't be the same without trips to Priest Lake - & I'll add autumn drives to that list. Nature is a good thing, & we love being able to get out of the city for a few hours (or days) to explore neighboring towns & scenery.

Today was beautiful. Bright, bright sunshine (which made it sort of hard to get really rich photos - help??) & astonishing peak colors. Mike's parents came into the city & went to church with us this morning & then we spent the afternoon driving, eating bread, cheese & grapes, & stopping for lots & lots of photos.

More later. It turns out that I get pretty exhausted when I skip my Sunday afternoon nap.

9 comments:

Kelsey said...

This is a fantastic photo of you. Totally framable. You looked like you just stepped out of the most recent J Crew catalog.

Suzi said...

I agree with Kelsey-great photo you little model, you.

Jan said...

Goodness you look pretty - In the day (and I mean some 30 years ago!!!) I had a really cute dress that was almost that same material....I quite loved it. It made me happy! You look much better in your skirt than I did in mine...I think I needed a jacket.

Missy said...

Um, I love this photo. Country or city, you're stylin'!

Louise said...

You are looking good - I love the outfit and I love this photo.

Unknown said...

is your shirt striped? I love the ensemble too! (the thick belt, gray tights, cord jacket-- cute.)

it's fun to have a mix of city and country. I'm the opposite of you though: I like living outside of the city but with easy access in.

Lizzie said...

Agreed - I am both a city & country girl. And can I also add beach & mountains to that? Because I definitely miss the Utah mountains, & there are few things I love more than a day at the beach. Is it okay to love it all? I don't think I can be tied down to one.

Kera said...

cute girl

Heidi said...

I love the bright colors!