Oct 1, 2009

Today is Thursday, & it is chilly enough that I wore a scarf.



I love birds. Well, I think they're pretty. Maybe I don't love them. Because I hate pigeons. HATE them. They're like flying rats. But birds? They're fun sometimes, especially little fluffy ones like this little guy that I found on the wall on Central Park West yesterday.

I sort of fell down the stairs in our building yesterday. Just a few of them, & I caught myself before I broke something, but I think the big jolt worked quite a number on my already-a-mess back & neck (note to self: no running down stairs in heels with no traction. Bad decision, period.). I got a Chinese massage last night (i.e. of the ouch!! variety, not of the relaxing variety) hoping it would help. It temporarily did. But long term - it definitely didn't. I woke up this morning feeling a hundred times worse, & by mid-day... I'm glad that my dad is here with his prescription writing abilities. Done & done.

But now? I'm not sure I could walk a block if you paid me $100. My body feels like a mass of a lovely rubbery jell-o substance. I think this little muscle relaxant of mine requires that I go take a nap now.

Happy Thursday.

PS - Can you believe that it's October? What?!

2 comments:

mb said...

yo. I like your blog. I'm serious about the going on a picture taking excursion with you.

I also wore a scarf today...and my "it's cold outside speed walk" has suddenly emerged from my "mosey or else you'll sweat summer time walk"

Jennifer said...

I too hate pigeons. Gross. But, I do like muscle relaxers...hope you feel better soon.