Nov 1, 2009

The Bourgeois Pig.

We went to The Bourgeois Pig in the East Village for dinner. Corinne recommended it about 3 years ago & we finally went. Loved it. Mike's been a peach lately with his support of my good choices - sushi last weekend, & fondue for my birthday dinner on Friday. He murmured a bit beforehand, but the good news? He loved both. Well, he tolerated the sushi (at least he didn't throw up) & loved the fondue. We had the raclette + gruyere & wild mushroom fondue with all sorts of things to dip with - fruit, vegetables, bread, olives... delicious. And right next door? Butter Lane. My stomach was full of cheese, but we brought a few home & have been eating them all weekend.

Love the East Village.

Oh. The funny thing is that when we first moved to New York four & a half years ago, we felt so little when we went out to eat, especially at places like this (a wine bar that looks like a fancy bordello). It felt like we were pretending to be New Yorkers, pretending to be adults. I guess in the grand scheme of things we were babies. But Friday night? I felt like we fit right in, minus our glasses filled with Coke. As Mike said, Welcome to the target demographic.

(PS, can I just briefly mention how much I love my camera? It doesn't have a flash on it - I still need to buy one - but it just oh so wonderfully it very dark places, even though I still barely know how to use it. I swear it could launch a rocket if I asked it to.)



















4 comments:

Kera said...

fun fun. Patrick is sure he NEEDS the 5D and the 7D to feel complete. i don't understand. always love your pictures.

Kera said...

ooo. forgot to mention your scarf. love it.

Jan said...

Awesome! Maybe you need an ergonomic back pack.

Missy said...

Was this for your birthday night dinner? I love the getting dressed up (just a teeny bit more than usual) part of it all.