Dec 23, 2009

Christmas in the City: Good bye city, hello suburbs.



We're heading out this afternoon to spend the next few days with Mike's family (our second Christmas in a row staying back east). New Canaan is beautiful during Christmas & we're excited for things like caroling at God's Acre tomorrow night  & making crepes (a Hudson family tradition I've infiltrated them with) on Christmas morning. Dan, Dave & Cara are in town from Colorado, Utah & Washington DC & we get to talk to Bryan (in Honduras) on Friday. Fun. I'm happy that it's only a 50 minute train ride on Metro North to their home vs. a cross-country flight. I obviously (always) miss my family, & I wish I could be sitting in front of the fire at the cabin with a cup of hot cocoa, but this year - with all the storms & cancelled flights - I'm grateful to be on the East Coast.

(Next year, Washington. Promise.)

2 comments:

Kera said...

Thanks SO much for the present. We need pajamas for our Christmas Eve party tomorrow night and now I don't have to brave the last minute crowds and lousy weather to go get them! Merry Christmas!

Jennifer said...

Have a great time. I've thoroughly enjoyed all of your Chrtistmas posts.