Dec 19, 2009

Felt.


We have our biggest tree yet this year (in our almost-smallest NYC apartment, oddly enough). It's about 3 1/2 feet tall & perfectly plump & full.

I couldn't decide if my fluffy ball (?) creation should be a topper or an ornament, but after we discovered that our star was broken during our move, the decision was made. Next time (maybe Monday?) I think I'll try making one that's a little bit bigger. Just for fun, maybe to hang somewhere. Such an easy project, by the way. A styrofoam ball, long pins &   felt. I can handle that. Thanks for the inspiration, Design Sponge.

Oh - & the little brown blob you're seeing? That's our Obama finger puppet-turned-ornament. We have a Santa one, too. See, I originally put him on the very top of the tree (no star, no finished craft project), but Mike said Kathryn, we can't put him up there! He makes promises he doesn't keep! Put Santa on top instead.

5 comments:

Jill said...

I think Monday would be an excellent craft day. That topper turned out so cute.

Our Christmas tree arrived last night. After I cut it out of a green and white Piperlime cardboard box we had lying around. Merry Christmas!

Kera said...

very cute.

JC said...

last time I checked NO politician ever kept a promise. :) That's the game.

Love the felt ball - very darling. :)

erin said...

the wire worked! hurrah! looks pretty.

k. said...

So... about the wire.

I came up with plan b:

We made a hole in the top of the "trunk" (what's the middle branch of a tree called?? I'm totally blank) with a nail, then put the nail in upside down (with the flat head down), keeping it poking out enough, & then stabbed the styrofoam down onto the nail. Make sense?