Dec 18, 2009

Christmas in the City: The Angel Tree.

Jill, Suzi & I went to see the Angel Tree at the Met on Wednesday. Will summed it up when we walked in & he said, Wow! Unfortunately, there was an evil museum guard who doing his very best to  strictly enforcing the no photography rule that they have for some (stupid) reason. Yeah, he didn't really scare me & I went ahead & took a few dozen photos. Most of them were literally shot blind from the hip (my camera is not discreet, nor is the shutter - I improvised), so here I am yet again apologizing for poor photos of what was a very pretty tree. And the pedestal that it was sitting on? Almost the most amazing part. Huge! Heavy (looking)! It was really beautiful, as were all of the details of the manger scene & the angels that covered the tree.

The last tree on our list is Rockefeller Center. I've already seen it several times, but Mike hasn't yet this year. Despite his resistance (the crowds are in fact a total nightmare), it's just something we've got to do. Early next week, I think. I'm trying to spread the festivities out.

Winter is here in full force, by the way. It's frigid. 16° on my way to seminary this morning & Mike told me that the news said feels like 4°. I get extra blessings for venturing out in that kind of cold (on foot) at 6am, right? RIGHT??

(Speaking of which. Anyone have any favorite cold / windy / dry weather products for hair, skin & lips? I fear I might crack & crumble away to dust at any moment.)









5 comments:

Jill said...

That tree really was pretty. Will you send me some of these pics? My mom has been asking me to post something on my blog :)

Lindsey said...

lovely! oh man, i am just thinking of your post below now... but really, the tree is beautiful.

Jan said...

I want an angel like those...I really do.

JC said...

love that tree! good pics for being sneaky.

Kiehls lip balm....it is the one, never fail item for keeping those lips kissable. :)

di said...

honestly, me no likey the baroque genre...but i thought the tree/figurines were pretty fantastic too. especially the wise men. i tried to be sneaky with my camera - i just don't have the skillz. :( me likey your nyc snow globe! merry christmas K!! :)