Dec 15, 2009

Just write cliché on my forehead.


I prefer to ignore the fact that posting anything about Anthropologie as a blogging 20-something Mormon girl is completely cliché. I may as well... never mind. See, I just thought of 28 cliché things I wanted to list, but quickly determined I'd offend someone I know & love with just about each & every one (which also means that I'll probably never, ever share a list I compiled with a few friends on Stuff Mormon Girls Like, a la Stuff White People Like... It's just not for the www, but it provided some lovely entertainment via email for a few days, & our list was quite smart if I do say so myself).

Anyway.

I love Anthropologie. I don't really care if that makes me sound like I'm going baa, baa with the unoriginality of a blind sheep. The Georgetown store on M Street just took my breath away. Not even the clothes. The visuals. All of it. So beautiful. Made me want to buy every. single. thing. Especially that chair. I told Mike I wanted it for Christmas, but unfortunately we have to get a new (bigger) apartment first. Maybe next year.

8 comments:

jocelyn said...

haha, please share the list! i feel the same with about anthropologie. i genuinely just like going in there. whoever is in charge of visual merchandising for that store does a phenomenal job.

Erin said...

I bet that list was radical. You should really reconsider posting it... :)

Lisa Olsen said...

I was so melancholy reading about your weekend trip to DC! I am very familiar with Georgetown - I grew up in Bethesda MD and was converted to the church there in the Chevy Chase Ward. I spent a lot of time in Georgetown. So glad to you got to enjoy DC at Christmas time!

erin said...

may we add glee to that list?

Miranda said...

dang. I really want to see that list.

Kera said...

oh just post it! blogging is sort of a cliche if you think about it. bring it on kathryn, you know you got it in ya. since when do you care if you offend anyone :) ha ha. that was a little joke.

Missy said...

chanting: Post it! Post it! Post it. If I weren't typing I would probably be banging my fists on the desk too. C'mon Kathryn. Everyone knows they'll match one thing on the list. I want to see it too.

Let me guess: the word "swoon" is in one of them. DSLR is another, Anthro another...hmm...what else?!

noelle said...

i heart mormon girls. a friend (not a member) met some of my lds girl friends and she was like, "i love your friends! they're so... fun." it reminded me of how on amazon there's that whole... "if you like this, you might like these" list. and there is just something about anthro. who can resist all that classy femininity.

so kathryn, i am sad we didn't get to see each other!!! i'm sorry it was such a whirlwind trip! but i will be back and then you and i MUST meet and chat camera lenses. xo.