Dec 7, 2009

Music & food.

We had a little pre-holiday get together with some friends Saturday night, kindly hosted by the Egans. Lots of good food was shared (appetizers) + good music (we all brought a mix CD of our favorite Christmas songs, with enough copies to go around). I think food, music & friends is quite the perfect combination & we had lots of fun.

I made hot chocolate & Brie En Croute (I miss you SJB). Kelsey made amazing Italian Stuffed Mushrooms. Suzi brought Spinach Dip & Maribeth brought a Sweet Potato Salad that I loved & a Pavlova that was amazing. There was more, but these are my only documented recipes thus far. Yum.

Christmas in the city is so much fun. I love the excuses to get together with friends, the music, the (definitely not literal) warmth.










7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Um...what's the item with the strawberries. I'd like some of that.

Jill said...

that really was fun. and the food was delightful.

ps. i think wyatt's fly is half way down. how embarrassing!

Missy said...

stuffed mushrooms?? those sound so good right now. will you share all these recipes with the www please??

Erin said...

Fun! Wish I were there to come to the parties... :)

k. said...

M, they were amazing. You've got to make them (yum!). All the recipes are on Wire Whisk.

erin said...

let's do this again soon. is there a holiday in january? does the superbowl count?

Lula. said...

i love brie wrapped in puff pastry. that recipe looks good... i've never done it with brown sugar!

all of your fun parties and get-togethers make me want to move to new york and then invite myself over.