Mar 17, 2010

Tomorrow will be better, right?

A few quick things.

Today was a little bit on the miserable side, probably due to the fact that I had the worst night's sleep of my entire life last night.

I taught seminary this morning, but not before throwing up my Raisin Bran on the sidewalk before walking in. Ugh. I came home, slept, then headed out (I can't stay in bed all day, as much as I'd love to). After hitting up the annual JCrew sample sale (yay for deals!), I went downtown to meet Mike + his dad for lunch & was treated to another public puking incident just before I got there. Lovely. That wasn't the end of this sad story for the day, but I think that's quite enough details for now. Not fun.

Anyway. I guess I'm eating my words about feeling better. Tomorrow will be better, right? In the meantime, for the first time ever I've pulled the pregnancy card on Mike & asked him to teach seminary for me tomorrow. I just can't do it. It's frustrating to me. It's not like he doesn't already work a zillion hours a week. He's a good friend.

Today - St. Patrick's Day. It's a ridiculous holiday in New York City, & without fail someone always comments about how I'm not wearing green. My eyes are green, thank you very much. I think that counts. And I'm not Irish!! I think I got my fill of sexy leprechauns for the year. I'm glad it's over, although the parade was fun to watch for 2 minutes.

Sorry to be such a whiner. 

In happier news - I took photos of Jill + Sean + Jude last weekend (her Happy Birthday gift to Sean) Isn't she a pretty mama? Her boys are so cute, even if it's tricky to take photos of an infant + a toddler. 







11 comments:

Julia said...

Love those pictures, Jill is a pretty mama. I would love you to take picture of Will sometime.

It's okay to complain-- it's rough. I can completely relate to what you are going through. We could probably compare notes about all the embarrassing places we have spilled our guts in this city. I was throwing up until 20 weeks, I really hope it doesn't last that long for you. I found that sucking on fruit flavored candy sometimes helped.

Jill said...

Best birthday I've had in a long time, thanks for the beautiful pictures, it is exactly what I wanted. And if it makes you feel any better, there were enough street vomiters today that yours probably went unnoticed. (Sean)

Debbie said...

So fun to hear your "news' - not the puking part -
Get ready for the roller coaster of your life. I can promise you that you'll never regret getting on board :)You will be a lovely momma.

Kera said...

very lovely pictures. she is a beautiful mama.

oh being pregnant. a job i do not want to do again for a LONG time. i REEALLY want to see your belly.

Jill said...

you poor thing. i'm so sorry about the street puking. people were probably thinking you got a VERY early start on st. patty's day. ugh.

beautiful, beautiful picturse of jill + her boys. i love the one of her walking with both of them. what a perfect birthday gift.

xoxox.

jocelyn said...

the sickness part of pregnancy sucks. actually there are a lot of parts of pregnancy that suck. don't feel guilty about playing the pregnancy card. do it often.

your friend jill is very pretty. and i kind of dislike her for how skinny she is after just having had a baby.

Louise said...

I love the pictures, and I am so sorry about the sickness, especially in public. This early stage is so rotten, I hope you feel better soon. (you will feel better soon, but when you're feeling nauseous 24/7, it doesn't always help to hear that, I know!)

erin said...

love the picture of wyatt crawling in the wrong direction. it's very indicative of life right now. jill's cute, as always. let's make a bet: if you're not feeling better by the time you get home from amsterdam, big daddy's shakes on me.

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

I'm sorry you're so sick!! I was the same way. I cannot imagine having to teach seminary!!! I carried a large green cup with me EVERYWHERE. I threw up in it many times-driving on the freeway, running out on my 3rd graders to make it to the hallway, while speaking to PTA moms, etc. :)It was a very good barfing cup, and it is packed away with my maternity clothes. Good luck; I hope you feel better soon!

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

P.S. I love your pictures too! You are an excellent photographer! I would love to take a photo editing class from you!

Morgan said...

What pretty pictures! Jill and her boys are beautiful. That first one's my favorite. The lighting is gorgeous!