Jun 20, 2010

Blueberries & Quiche.


He likes his breakfasts savory, so I made quiche this morning. 

We were at a barbecue in New Jersey yesterday & spent a bit of time observing a 6 month old baby boy eating pureed peas, making a total disaster of himself & the surrounding area, & giggling through it all. His parents were clearly completely enamored. I said to Mike, That's us in about 9 months. 

!!

Mike really is going to be the best dad. I'm sure that every wife thinks that of her husband, but I just know it. He really will. 

Part of the reason? He's so good at taking care of me already & I have no doubt that he'll take care of us in the very same way. A recent case in point: After a few days of me worrying about Baby Boy, Mike finally called my doctor Friday night (I refused to - I'm stubborn) to ask some questions. 15 minutes later we were in a cab on our way to Roosevelt Hospital. After 5 1/2 hours in the Labor & Delivery triage - after monitoring Baby Boy's heartbeat for several hours, a sonogram & a really great pelvic exam - I was back home, everything was fine, & my anxiety subsided. Point being - Mike cares enough (& knows enough) to overrule my stubbornness when necessary, & I know that he will always, always do what is best to take care of our family - & that he will love us. I really love that about him.

And not surprisingly, I love that about my dad, too. His selfless service to our family & his constant & utterly unfailing love & support were qualities that I knew I needed in a husband. I'm lucky to have these things in both my own dad & in Mike. Today, I am grateful.

xo, 
k.

1 comment:

Kera said...

Yum. It was German pancakes for us this morning.

Happy Father's Day Mike.