Jul 29, 2010

Jellycat.



Bear * Hedgehog * Giraffe
Monkey * Mouse * Donkey
Gorilla * Puppy * Piggy

I've been in love with Jellycat stuffed animals for years now, & they're at the top of my favorites to gift list.

Anyway. I'm on the verge of a panic attack trying to pick out the perfect one for Baby Boy (nesting much, Kathryn?). I'm leaning towards the donkey. Or maybe the mouse (because we live in New York), but then again, maybe that's gross - or maybe just really quirky & cute. And I love the pig, but I gave friend SJ's daughter one that was very similar, so now I'm thinking that maybe pink piggies are just for girls, & not for boys. Maybe? And I love the hedgehog, but are his spikes still super soft? I'm worried about those, because one does not think soft when they think of spikes, but I really love hedgehogs (& the book The Elegance of the Hedgehog). The monkey is a favorite, too. I love the colors on him. Nephew Hudson got a monkey from me a few years ago. 5 years ago, actually! Puppies are cute. Who doesn't love puppies? I love grey and gorillas (my Grandpa had a huge pot belly like a gorilla), so the grey gorilla is pulling me, too. I guess maybe the bear is my least favorite, although he is still very cute & any baby boy would be very lucky to have him.

See. It's a difficult decision (although admittedly, life could be more complicated. I'm not complaining).

Favorites?

14 comments:

mb said...

I am a little bit obsessed with the hedgehog. but if you go with the mouse or donkey- I love the donkey! You are going to have a BABY soon.

I am excited to meet the little guy.

Lula. said...

You gave us the pig and my little Luci loves it. (Thank you). I think the hedgehog is so darling and I don't think they would make the spikes spikey if they are intended for babies... ya know?

Candace said...

My daughter has the pink pig. She loves it!

caitlin and brinton said...

Definitely the mouse.

Unknown said...

No mouse. Ew! I love the donkey.

Mike said...

Donkey. We live in a blue state, after all.

Corinne said...

I like the mouse the best of the ones you posted. But my all time favorite is the rabbit--but it's white and maybe not a great color for a baby (I imagined it looking dirty even with multiple washings). We went with the yellow lab puppy.

Unknown said...

donkey! (it is a fun gift- you have cole the little monkey. he still loves it..)

Lindsey said...

donkey.

we love jellycat too.

Jill said...

i say gorilla or donkey. think nursery. they match perfectly :)

Louise said...

LOVE Jellycat! Adelaide has a rabbit which has the longest legs so looks darling when sitting on a chair, because the legs overhang. She is obsessed with it and 'rabbit' is most definitely a part of the family!

I would have thought the spikes on the hedgehog would be soft. Otherwise I actually love the giraffe! I think orange and boys go well, but that's just me.

Can't wait to see what you decide!

cara said...

i was JUST having the same conversation with myself...trying to find the perfect baby shower gift. the middle row is my favorite!

Missy said...

we have two white rabbits, a zebra and pig. I gave the pig to my sister's baby girl.

I vote Donkey for your baby boy (seems like everyone else does too, but it is really cute + unique)

Kera said...

Giraffe and donkey are my fav.