Jul 13, 2010

Priest Lake '10: Black & White @ 7am.

We had a huge storm Saturday afternoon - the kind that required everyone to go running to the dock to secure the boat on the lift (but not before it ripped up a piece of the dock), getting soaking wet in the process, all  while yelling at each other through the wind. White caps! Black clouds! Thunder! Lots & lots of rain. I'll save the photos of me soaking wet (in clothes) with mascara streaming down my face. Not my prettiest moment, but I do love storms at the lake.

We woke up early the following morning to get ready to head back into town. It was cool, grey & foggy - & sort of a sad morning too, given that we were leaving. Sort of demanded black & white photos I think, so I took grabbed my camera & snapped a few shots of the simple things at the cabin that I love - & Indie too (like I said, those eyes!).



















5 comments:

erin said...

beach, eat, chat, and change a diaper or two. i think that about covers it. perfect vacation. these b&ws are so pretty. and the rainstorm was almost my favorite part. almost.

dear reader: yes, priest lake and the hudson cabin are that beautiful and then some.

Corinne said...

So this is what Erin was up to as she slaughtered me at Words With Friends...

Lindsey said...

beautiful pics. and baby indie is a gorgeous little girl. your friends must love all the pics they have their kids thanks to you!

Missy said...

Ok, I'll stop my mass commenting right now. But, love these black and whites. Hope they will be framed in the cabin for your next trip!

Heidi said...

My computer always struggles to upload all the picstures and makes it hard for me to comment, but I always want to! I am so in love with Priest Lake and I've never even been. But it's not just Priest Lake, it's the dock, the recipes you talk about, the family time. It all sounds terrific.