Jul 14, 2010

Various things + my red nails.


I'm obsessed with the iPhone 4. Mike & I talked to Tara's kids on FaceTime last night. It's so fun. The only thing I'll miss - my ability to type at least 80 WPM on my BlackBerry. Get ready for short & sweet emails from me when I'm on the run. With lots of typos.

Friend Kelsey & I got OPI gel manicures this morning. I'd never heard of them before Kelsey told me about them, but had always thought that a semi-permanent manicure made total sense. Read this article for more info. They don't chip! I'll be sporting Big Apple Red for the next few weeks. I love painted nails, but I'm a perfectionist & can't handle a less-than-perfect manicure. Problem solved. 

After hitting the 30-week marker & realizing that all of my favorite stores are coming out with their fall lines (what?!), I've hit a little bit of nesting panic. I have 10 weeks to go. I realize that's a long time. I have a long way to go. But I'm in GO! mode. Time to get ready for this Baby Boy's arrival. 

Speaking of which - I ordered our crib on Sunday (like I said - nesting panic) & it arrived... today! That was a fun surprise. Time to clear the nursery of boxes & packages. 

Sample-sale shopping makes me happy. As does a new brush head on my Sonicare toothbrush.

We're obsessed with Cooking Channel - Mike & I, both. We like Unique Eats & The Best Thing I Ever Ate best. I have a list a mile long of new places to try as a result.

It's hot & humid & raining. Boo.

Gap's City Flats are genius. Totally make sense for Sundays, or any other day when you're wearing shoes that might be risky after a few hours (city girls, you know what I'm talking about). I'm going to keep a pair in my bag, in the little pouch that also holds lip balm, an extra rubber band, a band aid, hand sanitizer, a pen & a small snack just in case. I like to be prepared. 

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

I need those flats! They are so cute.

And I'm off to check about those manicures. Sounds great - anything to prevent chipping in the first few days.

molly said...

What crib did you get?
iphone4 is completely addicting. my boys love to send video texts to dad.
10 weeks is really not that long, especially if you go a little early ;)
And I so want to try a gel manicure. i might just need to check if my local nail salon offers them.

k. said...

Molly, I got the Oeuf Sparrow crib pictured in the post above. Love, love it!

k. said...

Wait, is it Molly?? Or Lindsay?? I'm confused. :)

Missy said...

My friend was just talking about that manicure a few weeks ago. It sounds like the way to go if you are getting a manicure!

molly said...

It's Molly. Seems it doesn't list me as a team member on either of my blogs. Lyndsay is my designer.