Sep 3, 2010

Just another reason why September is going to be a good month.


I promise I'm a healthy eater. I am! Mostly. The things that aren't so healthy - I'm a firm believer in moderation. This means that even though I discovered the BEST. THING. EVER. at Trader Joe's - fresh s'mores out of the microwave! Genius! - we never had more than one per day (they're bite-sized). And Jill & I made No Bake S'More Brownies yesterday, & I only had one two. They were really, really good.

And besides! Shake Shack doesn't use any trans fat, & their fries have 25% less fat than regular fries, & they always use local + seasonal ingredients. And they buy / use wind power. And have really cool hand dryers in their bathrooms in lieu of paper towels. And - I walk approximately a bazillion miles per day, you know, on average.

(If I lived in another culinary epicenter, I'm convinced I'd weigh 100 pounds more were it not a walking city. I love our lifestyle.)

I went to Shake Shack with Jill for lunch today. Hooray for her finally being back in the city, & for a new September custard menu. Grasshopper! Red Velvet! PB&J (Fridays)! Cinnamon, Spice & Everything Nice! Figs & Honey! Etc. Makes for great afternoon meet-ups with friends & such.

Just another reason why September is going to be a good month.

No comments: