Dec 21, 2010

Ben.




My dear, dear friend Suzi had her second boy last weekend. He's perfect, & one of the luckier babes in the world to have such a great mama. I teared up when I was walking through the halls of the hospital towards her room - because of the sudden flood of memories from three months ago, & because I love my friend so very much & I'm proud of her. 

Did I mention that Suzi watched Quinn for me for an hour or so the night before she was scheduled to give birth? She insisted, so that I could more easily run some errands, & when I got back - Q was sitting there smiling, & happy, & perfectly content. Because all children love Suzi (including my son), & Suzi is the kind of friend who watches your child the night before she's having her second. As if she didn't have other things to do.

It's been an interesting year+, with so many of my favorite girls having babies. I love that I've been lucky enough to meet most of them so early. Jane. Jude. Indiana. Hyrum. Ayla. Ben. Etc. The feeling that comes with meeting a baby so fresh - oh my gosh, it's as close as I can get to Heaven. 

In 5 years, I'm marking my calendar for a playdate / reunion at Disney World.

3 comments:

janis said...

what a pretty mama! it will be so fun when my friends + i all start having babies! :)

Jill said...

I'm so glad you got to be there, I was worried you had already left town (I actually thought about that when I heard she had her baby). Sweet Benson. Suzi looks beautiful.

It really is a priceless gift, we love you & the photos you took of Jane.

Suzi said...

You are way too kind. We will treasure these pictures always. Thank you for being such a wonderful and thoughtful friend. Come back to the East Coast soon!