Feb 2, 2011

Tuesday.


This little boy wants to stand up all the time. And when he does, he laughs & smiles & generally just looks extremely proud of himself. I'm hoping he skips the crawling phase (gross) & goes straight to walking. But hopefully not for a very, very long time. I'm not ready. Nope.

Unrelated: I talked to Tara this morning & told her I was just hopping into the shower. Her response? So, you're just showering just to shower, right?? As in, why on earth would I need to?! I didn't even leave our apartment yesterday except for a brief excursion down the elevator with Q in the Ergo so that we could pick up some packages & the mail. But alas - I showered this morning, blow dried my hair ALL THE WAY & even put on mascara. For no good reason - other than to accomplish something & be respectable - because it's snowing + sleeting + raining + icing today, so today will likely be a repeat of yesterday.

Speaking of which. Friend Kelsey asked a related (& very sincere) question yesterday - What do moms do all day?? Excellent question, Kelsey. Seriously. I don't know.

And then I talked with friend Jill on the phone for a while, too. And I laughed so hard that I cried, & we spent far too long looking back at photos of me pregnant, wearing things that I just SHOULD NOT have been wearing (like horizontal stripes just about every single day!!). I love talking to her because it generally involves just making fun of ourselves & laughing. And I talked to Erin, & Suzi, because that's just part of my daily routine. And my sisters. And my mom. Luckily, Q was having an excellent nap day, because I needed some telephone therapy with my nearest & dearest. This winter business is driving me loco (a word I've never really used before, & now I feel like I'm saying it twelve times a day), & were it not for the telephone, I might just totally lose it.

Quinn is learning new tricks (besides walking & generally just being a cute baby, obviously) - like pulling out his binky, holding onto it for a while & then either a) tossing it across the room & watching me chase it, or b) putting it back in his mouth. He's also learned how to move into a perpendicular position during his nap, in his swaddle, which is impressive given how tightly he's swaddled & the inability he has to actually move his upper limbs. He has his favorite songs, which are quite varied, it turns out. I randomly broke out into Dynamite the other day & he giggled like crazy. Why do I know the words to that song, by the way?

12 comments:

Jan said...

Are those jeans cute, or what? Such a little man!

Amy said...

You know all the words to "dynamite" because that was the theme song to our August 2010 uncomfortable pregnant women on the beach in the Hamptons trip! Remember?! We listened to it all the way home and I think both of us fell asleep...

Jill said...

i love that onesie. and the cardigan? precious.

oh, and our phone convo was especially funny yesterday, if i do say so myself.

i was watching the today show a few minutes ago....it looked...rainy/wet/cold. sorry, friend.

k. said...

Amy! That's it! I was going crazy. That explains everything.

(That was a fun yet uncomfortable day. I'm glad we're not 9 months pregnant anymore.)

Morgan said...

That shirt. The skinny jeans. That CARDIGAN. I die. He is insanely adorable.

Erin said...

He is so cute. And getting SO BIG! It is crazy how fast they go from newborn to baby.

I hated the crawling stage too. Icky things in their mouths, icky floors...etc etc.

I love that you shower just to shower. Bet my hubby wishes I did that!! :) haha

Hope you are doing well. Its been FREEZING here too. well like 1 degree. Probably not as bad as there, but it has reminded me of NY.

Unknown said...

You're so lucky that they make skinny jeans for babies now. They didn't 4 years ago.

Dirty is gross. And their clothes get so dirty/worn during that stage. But remember at Heritage that some of the therapists used crawling to encourage some sort of brain development. That probably wouldn't be a good step to skip. And I think crawling is so much better than scooting on his bum (have you seen those babies? It's strange.). But of course once it happens, you'll think it's great & cute.

Judy said...

Absolutely adorable photos of your adorable little man!

Mandy said...

Cutest outfit I've ever seen on a baby.

erin said...

that outfit. it's making me want to get pregnant with a manchild. stop it.

Mike said...

Lookin' like a young Tosh.0 with his bad cardigan self

Missy said...

That outfit is pretty much the best thing I have seen on a baby boy...ever.

Looks like you in pic #1. Looks like Mike in pic #2.

I love a good shower. And Kelli's comment about crawling made me laugh because it's just so so cool when they do it! But, walking is better once they finally do.