May 7, 2011

Saturday.


I have a slew of unread magazines sitting in my apartment that I'm just waiting for the opportunity to read. Four back issues of The New Yorker, five of Real Simple & six of Shape Magazine (obviously still unread). My inability to keep up with my few subscriptions is sadly a bit representative of my life, I think.

But! 

I had 18 things on my to-do list this week, & I got to make check marks next to 10 of them. Even though that's essentially a failing grade at 55% completion, I'm feeling pretty good about this. And! I'm doing okay with the basics. I'm mostly doing the things I'm supposed to be doing. Most importantly - I have a happy + well fed + often photographed baby. I'll count this as a giant victory, even on those days when little else is accomplished.

Meanwhile: We have family in town this weekend (Andrew & Paige) & are loving the blue sky & mild weather. It's seriously perfect outside, & it's been the kind of week where you can wear shorts + a long sleeved shirt & be perfectly content.

Mike just got back from a Saturday morning walk with Quinn, coming home with fresh flowers & fresh veggies from the farmer's market (so very nice of them). It feels like the three of us haven't spent a whole lot of time together lately, so I'm happy for a day without an agenda (or work, or travel).

Happy Saturday.

1 comment:

Meg said...

Put things on your to do list like "wake up" and "shower" and "make breakfast"... then you'll change the ratio of completed: not completed in your favor. ;)
In all seriousness: happy + well fed + photographed baby, near-daily blogging, and being a lovely wife = good accomplishments. You haven't missed anything exciting in the last 6 issues of Shape except an interview with a skinny celebrity who swears she believes in moderation and eats a chocolate croissant every 6 months!