Oct 6, 2011

Caitlin visited Houston.

Friend Caitlin came to visit last week! We spent lots of time in The Woodlands, lots of time lounging at home, & lots of time up at the Round Top antique show (a massive, massive, massive gathering of antiques). It was really great, & I came home with several really beautiful things that I didn't know I needed until I set my eyes on them. Of course.

We had such a fun giggle-filled few days together. How come all of my favorite people don't live in one spot? No fair.

In our living room with our boys:


At Round Top:











And then we went shopping on Westheimer in Houston. Westheimer is my new happy place (think Restoration Hardware next to Sprinkles next to Anthropologie next to Paper Source next to Pottery Barn next to Crate & Barrel, next to... you get it). We also visited High Fashion HomeKuhl-Linscomb which is one of the most amazing places I've ever been to. They have everything, & everything is beautiful







And then! We spotted BHLDN. They chose Houston for their first & only store! Houston! Houston appreciates tradition, loves to celebrate & isn't afraid to think outside of the box. I love Houston so much more now! I'd also like to get married all over again.

(Watch this video, & this one too!)



















And then we ate Tex Mex, because there is quite a bit of great Mexican(ish) food in Texas, of course. Q loves his beans & fresh tortillas.










12 comments:

Missy said...

sooo fun. I always wish my bestest friends lived right around the corner from me too. alas.

but wait, are those the real puppets from mr. rogers? they look like it right?

Heidi said...

I am very impressed that Quinn will still ride in his bjorn and snooze!

Kera said...

wow, i love that place! i want to go there when we visit for sure!

Jill said...

why is boise so lame?

looks like you gals had a blast. that antique place looks amazing.

Kirsty said...

I love Round Top! My parents live closeby to Round Top and antiques season is so fun because all sorts of people travel through (all the bed and breakfasts get totally booked up!). Have you heard about Festival Instutute in Round Top? They have pretty concerts in the chapel and festival hall sometimes, which are always fun.

I am always tempted to spend way too much money when I shop on Westheimer, but I do love it! :)

Tara Edwards said...

I'm pretty sure if I had gone with you I would have come home penniless! Just saying!

Jan said...

I want to go too! It looks like such fun! I think you're going to have lots of people wanting to come and visit after this little disclosure of something so wonderful!

erin said...

watch me pin those tables.

erin said...

boom. done.

erin said...

shoot. not working. you've got these pictures locked up i bet.

Meg said...

My head just exploded from all the gorgeous things in this post. Including you two pretties and your sweet babes!

Jill said...

Ohhh. It's so fun to see you and Cait adventuring together. I miss you both! The antiques and home stores are amazing, I'm dying to go there. I want to see your finds in their new home!