Oct 9, 2011

We went to Dallas.

Quinn & I took a quick trip to Dallas this past week. Erin & I both needed a little bit of a mental health break, & I think that we'd both agree that co-parenting three toddlers for a few days while the husbands were away slaying dragons was in the end, a very good idea. Somehow, I only came away with a lot of photos of Q in a high chair, a few of him taking a bath with his (3rd) cousin Indie, & an excessive number of him with a face covered in jelly (his first PB&J, ever!). Oh, & then there was an attempt at making three toddlers smile at the very same time (impossible). I also came home with several shopping bags from Northpark Mall & Erin's friendly neighborhood Target. A great trip, all around. 

And the drive! When well-timed with Q's morning nap, it was easy breezy. Because I'm extra-righteous, I listened to The Relief Society Broadcast on my way up, & a session of Conference on my way down, so it was also time well (+ efficiently) spent. It went by quickly, & I saw lots of exciting things along the way (um... or maybe just Sam Houston's giant statue off of I-45). But really, being so close to the Burtons? It makes living in Texas so much happier.

My favorite part of the trip was when sweet Fox said, Kathryn, Quinn is my friend! But he's my cousin, too. We're cousin-friends. Even if Indie was maybe a teensy bit territorial about some (all) of her toys, Quinn was obviously so pleased to have some buddies around for a few days. I think this means it's time for us to buy a puppy.

Also: Dallas has In-N-Out, & the extra-friendly man working there told me that Texas should have over 100 opening in the next year. The next year! That means that our neighborhood will surely have one, yes? It's not Shake Shack, but it's a close #2. 

(Speaking of Shake Shack, we will not speak about how Mike is going to New York in 2 weeks, how we could have gone with him, & how I eventually decided not to go. It makes my heart sad, but I decided I'm not ready to head back quite yet, as I would likely send Mike in a cab to the airport to fly home to Texas, while informing Suzi that I would be living in her closet for the unforeseeable future.)




























Close enough.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Darling kiddos. It is so fun you live so close now. Now just lure them to The Woodlands...

erin said...

we'll have many more weeks like this so indie can work on her interpersonal skills.

favorite=quinn eating his sock.

Alissa said...

Sweet pictures. I can't believe that was his first PB&J - messy goodness. Also, thanks to your foodie pictures, I am now fighting the urge to go grab a burger stat. There's no In-N-Out in Pullman, but we do have Cougar Country which makes a mean burger. xo