Oct 9, 2011

The study.

All I want for Christmas is a giant Restoration Hardware gift certificate.

Really though - our house is just going to be sort of empty for a while. The list of things to do is seemingly endless & still just a little bit overwhelming, but it's proving to be an excellent lesson in patience for me - something that has never been my strongpoint. Case in point: our bedroom will be finished in December when our 2nd bed finally shows up. Our second bed!! And our living room couch? We've decided to return it, so we're looking at another 10-12 weeks before we have something else that is permanent (but can use our old couches that are sitting upstairs in the meantime). Shoot me now! Seriously! Anyway. This house stuff isn't for sissies, & if I didn't have fun + happy things coming up, I might just have a nervous breakdown. But really - I know it's just stuff. I can wait. I can wait, I can wait, I can wait.

It's been funny to watch Quinn over the past 6 weeks. It's as if he's suddenly realized that he has so many new places to explore, so he's always, always on the go, as long as there is a wall, a piece of furniture or a hand to hold on to (& if there isn't, we hear about it quickly). The other day, he discovered the study. We have yet to decide on a desk (it's on my list of things to do...), so the room is a total disaster - full of boxes, lots of things that should be in a filing cabinet, plenty of frames that are needing to be hung, etc. Basically, it's heaven for a one year old & a total nightmare for me (which is why the door is always shut so that I can just pretend it's not there). Anyway. He played in there happily for an hour. An hour! That's an eternity in babyland. I'll move purchase desk to the bottom of the list if the absence of one allows this boy to be thoroughly entertained for such a long period of time.










4 comments:

Tara Edwards said...

I love his squishy hands! So cute!

Bri said...

Wait, why is your furniture taking so long to arrive? That would drive me nuts. But, I'm sure having the the stuff you want and love will be worth the wait :)

k. said...

Bri, it all takes SO. LONG. but made-to-order generally takes 10-12 weeks, so... we wait. And wait. (It's normal. But horrible.)

Jill said...

What again, tell me your sofa saga, why is this one heading back? Did you find another to replace it yet? Good luck!