Apr 7, 2013

Marissa.

There are a lot of things in Texas to be grateful for - the intervention of certain people, specific circumstances, a series of events - all of which have helped to make this move work for us. 

I walked into my pediatrician's office last September with a brand new baby and a toddler on my hip. I was anxious (understatement). I'd been desperate to find a new, reliable, regular sitter since our dear Allison had moved away that summer and having a new baby was making it even more urgent. I saw a pretty teenage girl sitting there with her mom, looked at my own mom who obviously approved, and walked over to her and said, Do you babysit!? Let's be friends. We talked about it later, and her mom laughed at (and related with) the desperation in my voice. 

6+ months later and it's a match made in heaven. She lives ten minutes away, drives her own car, comes from a wonderful family and has a good, solid head on her shoulders. We love her, my boys love her, and we get to see her often! It has kept me sane and allowed me time to breath, especially during those long weeks when Mike is traveling. And (and!) she has a younger sister - a sophomore, which means that when Marissa devastates us by leaving for college this summer (on a full ride soccer scholarship), we'll have Kendra for a few more years. 

I consider her a tender mercy, an absolute blessing to my boys, and our meeting divine intervention. 

She asked me to take her senior photos. Could she be any prettier? 

(This was my first experience really shooting directly into the morning sun - 8am, and so beautiful! Who needs Photoshop when the light is perfect?)

 

1 comment:

Judy said...

These are beautiful! Both the subject and the background :)