Jan 26, 2007

Brr.


I was forced to once again search through my archive of photos, as pictures of my cubicle or bed would not be very interesting. I have survived the week... barely. I finished topped things off with a 14 hour day today. I got home past 10:00pm on a Friday night. I was talking to my mom on the way home (I always call my parents when I'm walking home late. It gives me a nice & cozy false sense of security) and she suggested that I go home, climb in bed and dream of a warm place like Hawaii or Spain. I've deviated a bit from that plan, but I desperately needed to take a shower, wrap up in my bathrobe (both done) and relax for a few minutes (currently getting there) before I can even thinkn of sleep. I wanted to post a picture of us in Puerto Rico last summer, but I thought I looked gross in most of them, so I've settled on a picture of us in Cancun during out honeymoon in April of '05. This was our final week of pre-adulthood. We had no jobs (only an offer for Mike in New York), little responsibility, and nothing to do for a full week besides have FUN. No blackberries, cell phones or computers. It was heaven. And it was warm. New York was kind enough to give us record breaking cold temperatures today (9 degrees on my way to work this morning), so don't blame me if I am struggling to feel tropical. And very much like an adult (of which reality I have apparently been struggling with lately).

Mike and I are headed out to Connecticut early tomorrow morning. We were supposed to go tonight, but my late night at work caused a bit of a problem. Per the usual, we're looking forward to stocking up on frozen chicken and Balance Bars at Costco, and eating breakfast at Brueger's Bagels- we love the bacon scallion cream cheese. Yum! A family friend from Spokane married a Whiting family friend in New Canaan (small world) so we're going to go to the reception tomorrow evening. Should be fun. I need a day to relax.

Thing I missed this week: my husband. cooking. eating breakfast. being outside during daylight hours. going to the gym. reading anything besides my computer screen or blackberry. cleaning (my apartment is a mess). doing errands. talking to my family. fresh air.

No comments: