May 1, 2008

Mid-week.

Mike took me on a pretty spectacular date last night for our anniversary. We took a ferry {we were alone! On a ferry boat!} across the East River from the 34th Street Pier to a restaurant called Water's Edge. The view was spectacular, & the restaurant was quiet & perfect. I loved the evening. Oh- & I don't know why the picture of me makes me look so chubby. My coat was spread out, promise! I haven't gained 35 pounds! Sigh.
..
The Feist concert on Tuesday night was pretty great, too. It was a really good concert, despite having lived through the first day of my very first UTI {does this mean I'm finally a real woman? I won't go into the details, except for the fact that I was peeing rice-sized blood clots. Eww.} Feist & her band are a group of ridiculously talented individuals & we were both equally impressed. She was quirky, fun, unique & diverse. Just the way I like it.
.

3 comments:

suz said...

SPECTACULAR photo! Wow, what an amazing view! Btw, I didn't think you looked chubby.

Unknown said...

Oh, Kathryn, I'm so sorry re: UTI. Luckily, I have not had one since getting pregnant. Fingers crossed. It is the worst.

Jan said...

What a magical anniversary....I loved every thing you did. Beautiful pictures by the way.......I would love to
go to a Feist concert one day....It won't happen in Spokane, but it might be reason enough to make a trip of it somewhere else.......