Jan 12, 2009

No Pants Tuesday & other various topics.

UNO:

You must read Jill's post about No Pants Tuesday. Do your best not to pee your pants.

DOS:

Speaking of my friend Jill, I snagged myself another one. A "Jill" friend, that is, although I'm calling her Bizarro Jill (non-Seinfeld fans are likely confused & thinking that I'm mean, but "bizarro" = opposite. See this episode). The original Jill looks like Snow White (but prettier), with her dark curly hair. Bizarro Jill (who is actually quite lovely, & not even the least bit bizarre) has blond, straight hair. Her aforementioned nickname will help alleviate any potential confusion, especially with the husband who often gets confused with my references to my two friends named "Kelli(e)".

TRES:

I cooked dinner yesterday, for us + Bizarro Jill & husband. One of those real meals that I'm always abnormally & unnecessarily proud of. We made Martha's buttermilk chicken, a spinach salad, sweet corn, & broccoli pilaf au gratin straight from the box (thank you very much, Uncle Ben). Let's have a round of applause for the domestic goddess who is me (ha.) - & Mike, who helped quite a bit. I don't really believe in New Year's resolutions, but I do have a recent goal of cooking more & eating out less. I'm trying.

CUATRO:

I really, really want to start running again. As in really running, & spending a lot more time in Central Park. Temperatures in the 20-anythings don't really help with this idea, but I need to at least be a regular on my treadmill again. Maybe tonight. I really want to do one of these again.

9 comments:

Jill said...

I'll do a half marathon with you. I think I can. I used to be a sprinter in HS, but I want to try distance. Really, let's do it. It amazes me that so many people still run in this cold weather, I can see them in the park right now.

Good job domestic goddess, I never doubted you.

I am laughing so hard about bizarro Jill, I almost wish I was the second Jill, so you could call me bizarro. :)

And the pants story, I hope it makes everyone's day...

Heidi said...

Is the buttermilk chicken recipe on Wire Whisk?

Heidi said...

okay now there is a link- sounds yummy!

Sine family said...

My resolution too. Lets work on it together.

Missy said...

I love the Bizarro Seinfeld (all Seinfelds together actually) so I liked the reference to Bizarro Jill.

That dinner looks great. I want to make it.

Jill said...

Despite your effort to explain the Bizarro Jill reference, I still managed to skip right over that and read "TRES" first. Since I am not familiar with the Seinfeld episodes I had no idea what you were talking about and wrote Sean and email and said "I think I was just dissed on Kathryn's blog!". He then instructed me to read "DOS" first.

I am laughing so hard right now!!

Jill said...

ps. the dinner was delish, you are quite the domestic goddess and should be very proud!

Lindsey said...

I am not sure I've ever seen buttermilk here... maybe it goes by another name. I am going to look for it, because your dishes sound so yummy!

di said...

o she DOES channel snow white!!! there was this one day at church when she looked like she stepped out of an old black/white film...only of course she was in color. lol. anyway - the pants story was goooood.