Apr 19, 2009

Oh my.

This weekend was one of those perfect weekends that you never want to end - & the first truly lovely weekend of the year, of spring. Proof:

First night of sidewalk dining (Saturday night) with Tim & Amy. Ciao Bella was wonderfully authentic. We'll go back.
First day wearing sunglasses all day long.
First bare legs to church.
First sunburned cheeks.

The weather allowed me to check another box off on my NYC To Do list. Saturday was the most beautiful day of the year so far, & the crowds were proof. The city felt happy & alive - you could feel the lighter mood with the 75 degree temperatures & sunshine. We took advantage & went to the Central Park Zoo with Suzi & Steve + Erin & Fox. We saw penguins, jumping seals, a tiny bit of a polar bear (only the feet & then only the head, but never at the same time), lots of birds, monkeys & a red panda bear. Sadly, no lions or tigers. Zoo's typically have a tendency to make me sad, but I thought that - for an urban zoo in particular - the Central Park Zoo was especially well done. We finished off the afternoon with some blanket time just off of Poet's Walk, listening to jazz & watching the boys play lacrosse. I really love the park, & I really love spring in New York.

Speaking of zoo's - Mike & I are going to run a 5K through the Bronx Zoo this Saturday, to save gorillas I think. Through the zoo. Isn't that fun? I'm excited.


6 comments:

erin said...

beautiful pictures, and what a day... sigh. i look kind of mentally unstable though. maybe there's some truth to that.

Jan said...

Those ARE the days we all love -
Shorts and no jackets....sunshine...good friends.
Total chill......I'm so glad you got to enjoy it all!

Lindsey said...

Hooray for spring. We're going to the zoo today!

Jill said...

what a beautiful day.

that's awesome you're doing a 5k through the zoo. classic.

Unknown said...

I love the idea of a 5k through the zoo too. How is your marathon training going? You should post those updates for wannabe runners like me.

Suzi said...

I love seeing the pictures-I was there and it looks so much more amazing through your photos. It was the perfect day-if only I had some makeup on-we all would have been a bit happier!