Aug 23, 2009

Home.

I'm back. Bathed, rested & fed. I think I definitely prefer cabin over tent. But Girl's Camp was great. Really.

Except for maybe the last night. There may have been thunder, lightning, pouring rain, a flooded tent, about 3 hours of sleep, a bit of hysteria & the witnessing of a performance of I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane being sung in a high falsetto in the bathroom at 4am for no particular reason. I should mention that we were more-or-less sleeping in the bathroom, allowing us to observe this said singing. But more on all of that later.

Forgive me, but I'll brag, brag, brag about how great my husband is now.

I'm happy, happy to be back home. I think Mike was too, because I found this cute card waiting for me when I arrived. We have a fun tradition of giving each other cards for no particular reason every so often, & Mike knows I'm loving peaches lately - especially this cobbler that we made last week (& are making again tonight, because it's just that good). Oh, & he tells me that I'm a peach every so often, too.

We went on a date last night, planned by Mike & oh so creative. The kind where we felt like we were dating again, wandering around holding hands on a perfect (albeit quite humid) summer night, then staying up way too late watching a movie at home.

I really love New York summer nights, especially with my love (+ ice cream, foot massages & really great Chinese food).

2 comments:

Jan said...

Sweet!

MorahJulie said...

Peach cobbler can change the world. I love it! cute card.