Sep 8, 2009

Today (or, some days just aren't that exciting).

I:
  • Woke up with a massive headache, for about the 9th day in a row. I think I either have a brain tumor, or I need to stop sleeping with the fan blowing directly at my head. 
  • Drank a lot of water & took my vitamins, hoping to ease said headache. 
  • Read your blog. Updated my Facebook profile photo. Checked my email.
  • Cleaned the kitchen. 
  • Unloaded the dishwasher. 
  • Washed linens from weekend guests' visit.
  • Dropped off (more) laundry & dry cleaning at the cleaners next door. Bless those good people, even if I am paying them money.
  • Drank a Trader Joe's apple juice box (to help with my blood sugar issues). It was probably the best apple juice I've ever had. Seriously. 
  • Speaking of Trader Joe's - knocked our Trader Joe's peanut butter cups off the counter & behind the fridge, into a cavern that is basically totally inaccessible. Craved a peanut butter cup all day long, but couldn't reach down into the cavern (my arm is too short) & couldn't move the fridge (my muscles are too small). Had to wait for Mike to get home from work to move out the entire (old + heavy) fridge to retrieve the peanut butter cups, which happened to be sitting on top of roach & mouse traps (luckily empty). Gross. Tossed the container.
  • Wished I was at Priest Lake last weekend with the family + Joanna's new family-to-be.
  • Met father-in-law Steve on Lexington for a nice sidewalk chat. 
  • Got hit by a closing subway door. It really hurt & I'm thinking I'll have a pretty bruise tomorrow. 
  • Saw an undercover police car (flashing lights & siren). A taxi! Go figure. 
  • Spotted a very normal looking man on the subway wearing a comb-style headband (a la the plastic ones from JCrew?) for no particular reason. Strange. 
  • Attended a two hour photography workshop on Exposure & Histograms. It was amazing. 
  • Went fancy dress shopping. Everything is two inches too short. EVERYTHING. Except this little number that I love. One down, one more to go. Keep your eyes peeled for me, fashionista friends. 
  • Met Mike for Moroccan food for dinner, followed up by a seminary meeting.
  • Took a cab home & felt sick. Long cab rides make me queasy. 
  • Didn't take a single photo. But loved the new polaroids on my fridge from this past weekend.

6 comments:

Jan said...

I do not like dead mice. I found one in the garage on Saturday. It was very flat. Yuck. I'm glad you used your good judgement and threw away the candy. Now you need to stuff the hole with spray foam or steel wool.....Call the Super!!!!

jocelyn said...

i was so so nervous you were going to say you ate the peanut butter cup. i LOVE that dress by the way, and i know exactly what you mean about everything being too short. designers obviously know that the cutest place for a dress to hit almost anyone is about two inches above the knee...which is quite unfortunate for us.

Unknown said...

at least we're getting into the habit of wearing knee length dresses, so when our thigh + knee skin is sagging and wrinkled in 40 years, we've got camouflaging it down pat. (can you take out any hems? that's always an option- especially if your trusty Laundromat does alterations.) I really like that dress too.

that's awesome that you're doing a photography class.

Suzanne said...

Love the dress. Sorry there's nothing to read on my blog-as usual. Same thing happens to me on long cab rides. Mourning the loss of the PB cups. So sad.

Missy said...

I'm obsessed with the TJ PB cups too. The mini and larger ones. Sooo good.

Lucky you to take a photo class. I want to too:)

My friend at church has the dress. She wears it with a really wide black belt and looks stunning.

Kera said...

such a cute dress! what is the event? i want to go fancy dress shopping. can i pretend i need to dress up nice to go to wicked next month with patrick :) he just surprised me with front row tickets. i really like your brother.