Dec 17, 2009

Snow globe hunting, Tribeca eating, skinny jean wearing & other various topics.


I spent about 2 hours the other day trying to find this blasted snow globe. How is that even possible in 600 square feet?  We just really don't have a lot of stuff. I finally found it. It's pretty. Thanks again, Mom.  It's one of my very favorite Christmas things.

We had dinner with a new couple in our ward last night, down in Tribeca. We haven't been to Upstairs in a few years, but we remember now why we used to love it so much. I had a butternut squash ravioli that was amazing. We're going back there again soon. Maybe for brunch, because they have brunch now. And lunch (!!).

It's cold today. And windy. I'm finally remembering how long New York City winters are. I think we need to plan a warm weather weekend very soon.

I'm wearing my legging jeans just about every single day. They're my winter uniform, I think. Love them so much that I bought two pairs. J Brand. Black & dark blue (jean-colored?). I tried on a pair of regular jeans the other day, my first pair of fancy schmancy designer jeans that I bought while going to BYU. I walked into our living room & Mike told me that I looked ridiculous. Bell bottoms (i.e. slightly flared)! 80's (faded)! Can I wear non-skinny jeans any more? I'm not quite sure. I feel sort of silly in them.

I was sad today. And yesterday. I couldn't shake it. I taught seminary this morning, came home & climbed back into bed. For 3 hours. I was grateful for the chirping of my BlackBerry, for friends that got me into a bra & out of my apartment, fed me, & made me craft something pretty for the top of my tree.

I went shopping for the next 3+ hours by myself (which is sometimes very nice), got home, & realized that I felt just about all-the-way better. Plus, my Christmas shopping is almost done.

I wholly subscribe to both friend & retail therapy.

5 comments:

erin said...

did you afix your tree topper yet? do explain your method, please.

molly said...

friends and retail therapy is my go to cure for the blues! I'll have to check out those jeans. i totally agree with the whole skinny jean thing. can i ever go back? don't know if I can.

**lurker come out of hiding. i adore your sweet blog and decided i finally must comment. my christmas gift to you, ha ha. happy christmas!

Unknown said...

How did your tree topper turn out? I've been working on that one too!

Jill said...

i've been wearing all of my "old" jeans lately (being fat and prego means i no longer take pride in my appearance, so sue me). they are mainly of the flared variety. i look ugly in them. i need to check out these j jeans once this baby is out and (hopefully) i am back to a non-obese size.

Missy said...

those jeans were so so cute on you when i saw them.

cold weather + sad day is an awful combination kathryn. so so sorry. but yes friend and retail therapy is a wonderful combination.