Feb 3, 2010

This chocolate cake is screaming EAT ME right this very second.



If you had a gigantic piece of famous chocolate cake from Amy's Bread sitting on your counter RIGHT. THIS. VERY. SECOND. would you eat it & never say a word? Or wait for your hard working & deserving husband to come home so that you could share? Sometimes I really hate doing the right thing. It's been calling my name all afternoon, but I've resisted. Mike keeps on calling & saying that he'll be home later than he thought. And then later, because a client called. Later = my stomach is grumbling. Sigh.

This week has been busy. I was wishing today that it was Thursday, instead of Wednesday, so much so that I briefly convinced myself that it was, in fact, Thursday. Shoot. It's definitely Wednesday. And. I've taken exactly 4 photos all week. This tends to make me sad & feeling like I've accomplished very little. I need to learn that I don't need to document everything. But I still love to. I pulled 15,000+ photos off of my computer this week & put them on external drives (finally). It feels good to have them safely backed up, & it was fun to look back through a year of photos, but my iPhoto is feeling a little... empty. And it's a little intimidating. But really - it's exciting. It's going to be a good year, & I'm excited to document it. 

We had dinner with Tim & Amy in Brooklyn last night. Chimu. Can't get enough of that place & their lomo saltado. It's so worth the trek across the river. We came home & watched Lost. It totally stresses me out, but we've got to finish it this year. I'm only watching a few other shows right now. Grey's. 30 Rock. Modern Family. The Bachelor. Although I can't stand Jake, or most of the girls for that matter. I sit there & complain for the entire show while Mike keeps telling me to just turn it off if I hate it so much. I watch it every week though, of course. Maybe it's good for my brain to turn off once a week. Oh, & American Idol, although I really hate this stage. I should just start watching again in 2 months when it gets really interesting.

I quit Bare Minerals. Already (!!). It's too dry. Too messy. I'm ridiculous, but I love Sephora & their satisfaction guaranteed policy. I'm trying Smashbox's cream to powder foundation. It goes on with a fluffy brush so it can be really nice & light - but with more coverage if you need it. I like it a lot. And I also picked up some more moisturizer since my face is wanting to just fall off thanks to this New York City winter. The nice woman at Sephora who trapped me in a 20 minute conversation convinced me that this budget-friendly option would work just as well as something more fancy. My face is already feeling better today. 

Today? Tried 202 at Chelsea Market with Kelsey & Corinne for lunch. I think I'll be going back often. For starters - they have brunch every single day. Brunch is my favorite, & it was lovely to enjoy it without having to battle the Saturday crowds. Secondly - the menu was perfect. Simple, fresh & inexpensive. I ordered the hammy-cheesy-eggy sandwich. That's really what it was called. On a special English muffin, it was perfect. Kelsey had the french toast & Corinne ordered the pancakes with blackberry compote & creme fraiche. Amazing. I grabbed bites of both. And the restaurant? It's nestled within a designer boutique. Their original shop / restaurant is in Notting Hill. Lindsey,  you should go!

*Post-edit: Mike got home. Cake was eaten. Delicious. 

9 comments:

Corinne said...

That is precisely why I got two pieces of cake...

Jill said...

that cake looks good. it looks like the one from magleby's in UT. you should probably stop by and grab a piece while you are in town.

noelle said...

you have incredible self-control. what a sweet wifey. this must be why mike married you. if it was left to me, it would have been shamelessly wolfed down with a large glass of milk in an instant.

p.s. i need to go out to eat with you. i know it would make me so, so happy.

Morgan said...

Yes, I think I can hear it. Eat me, eat me. That thing looks amazing.

Makeup can be tricky stuff. I'm happy that you found something that you like. I feel the same way about Bare Minerals. I actually got an email from Sephora saying that I could get a free 10-day supply of Bare Minerals foundation without any purchase. I didn't even bother getting it. I have to say, though, that their all-over face color is pretty amazing. Much better than their foundation.

Kelly said...

Hi Kathryn (Lindsey's sister stalking you again!). I happened to see you are going to Utah and mentioned cupcakes. Could you please try The Sweet Tooth Fairy? It's down in South Provo near the Quilted Bear. I keep asking my little sister to bring me cupcakes and cookies home from Provo, to no avail. I haven't tried it yet but the next time I'm in Provo it will be my first stop, even before Cafe Rio.

Have fun!

Lindsey said...

I know right where 202 is in Notting Hill... I am there thanks to your tip! I forgot about it...

Nice updates. I have never heard of Smashbox...sounds good.

mb said...

Well NOW I am needed some chocolate cake ASAP.

I've never tried Smashbox's foundation, I've only ever used their lip stuff...I need to start dating different cosmetic lines...

Meg said...

Your blog is my chocolate cake. I try very, very hard not to read it while I'm supposed to be getting work done. But I rarely demonstrate the self-control you did today.

Kera said...

tell me in 2 months what your thoughts are about your new make up. i tried switching for a month, but hated the new stuff i tried and went crawling back to BM. i just use more moisturizer which has helped . . . but as we all know, i get bored with stuff and need change.