May 2, 2010

5 Years.




I wore a dress. He brought flowers! And more importantly, he brought flowers that had calla lilies & green flowers (name?) like my wedding bouquet. Do I dare be a total cliché & say swoon? Loved it.

We ate at Gotham Bar & Grill (the desserts were definitely the highlight, although the food was really great), talked about how naive (& young!) we were when we first moved to New York, & reminisced over the last 5 years of memories & adventures. Like when I called Mike crying from Pearl Street downtown because I couldn't find my way (all 2 blocks??) home. Or when he went to his first day of his first job (!!).

We watched Chris Rock's Good Hair when we got home. So interesting, although we didn't finish it until Saturday night because we both kept getting sleepy.

A perfect 5 year celebration, I think - with lots to look forward to in year six. The belly is growing! As my mom said after seeing the last photo, That's great progress from last week!  

9 comments:

laurel said...

Congrats!! The flowers are sweet and beautiful. Our 8th is coming up this month which seems crazy!

Heidi said...

Beautiful flowers! And I love finally getting a glimpse of the bump.

Here's to year 6!

Unknown said...

kathryn, do you use hair spray to keep your bangs soft and fuller (not separated)?

5 years is exciting. and I always liked that size of bump the most. do you feel pretty good now?

k. said...

K, I cut my bangs relatively thick - I think that helps.

When I use hairspray, I use Bumble & Bumble's Does it All Styling Spray. It's really dry (I like that) & keeps the flyaways at bay (except when the humidity is at 60%). :)

Tara Edwards said...

Awwwww! You had a beautiful bouquet, and I love that he remembered! Happy 5th!

Kera said...

i love it. beautiful bouquet.

ps: i got asked if i was expecting last weekend. it was awesome.

Jill said...

ah! you're really showing! :) i love it. i would have swooned over those flowers too.

Missy said...

Happy 5 years!! you look beautiful and yes, the flowers are gorgeous and yum the dinner sounds delicious. Pretty much what everyone has already said:)

erin said...

i told you i would tell you when you look pregnant, and this is the very first picture i see and say, "that is a tiny pregnant kathryn belly." you look really cute.