Nov 3, 2010

Jill & her boys.

You know how you have the kind of friends that you say hi to at church, & then you have good friends, like the kind that you hang out with on a pretty regular basis, & then you have feelings friends? The kind of friend that you call crying on a bad day, or the kind of friend where you don't mind showing up to their apartment in sweatpants + a squishy belly 72 hours after delivering a baby (while wearing a diaper)? Yeah - that kind. I'm lucky to have just a few of those, & that's my Jill. I mean, I guess she's my baking friend too (I can't even count the number of times we've made various treats together), but she's more than just a good cook. Two years spent in the city, & the number of adventures we've had together is almost endless. So, so very much fun together, & lots & lots of laughs. More importantly though - Jill helped me (I hate this past tense business) learn how to be a mother just by letting my tag along with her family so often & watching her. I'm forever grateful to her for that. And for the massive encyclopedia on caring for children that Sean gave me shortly after I told them I was pregnant. :) 

Deep breath. 

Anyway. 

We took some really quick photos at the park the other day in one of our favorite (& often photographed) spots. Wyatt was a little grumpy because he knew that they were moving, but I don't blame him. I was feeling grumpy, too. 

So, the Lloyds are off & I'm down a friend in the city. Again. Thank goodness for gchat, email & mobile phones - which means I'm not actually down a friend at all.

Love you, Lloyds (even if I want to hate Jill because she's so pretty).

[ More photos of Jill & her boys here a peak at Wyatt when he was just a blue eyed little babe, & a fresh & new Jude. ]











4 comments:

Jill said...

oh my. this was the sweetest post. seriously. i miss you already. see you in a few short months!!!

and of course, we love love love the pictures. thank you again.

Mike said...

Two words - butter cake. COME BACK LLOYDS!

Missy said...

where did they go??

beautiful photos kathryn. all of them! can't believe you had q strapped to you during these.

erin said...

i think jill could make cement taste delicious.

texas, jill. texas.