Aug 11, 2011

Winding down.



Our last few days in New York.

It's sort of crazy. Obviously. Our movers show up in about 23 hours. Were my apartment not a total & complete disaster, it just wouldn't seem real yet.

I met up with friends Mary & Lizzie for lunch the other day. Mary was one of my very first friends in the city, & while we don't get to see each other often (she's been in DC, & then California) it is always so nice - & easy! - to reconnect. And having friends in various places (like Lizzie in Connecticut) makes me feel like despite the fact that we're leaving our home & making a new one somewhere else, home can be wherever the people you love are - as various as those places can be. I'm grateful to know that despite how hard all of this is (like I might just throw up at any minute hard), scattered friends means getting to see them wherever we go. And with true friends, that reconnect is always easy.

4 comments:

noelle said...

home is where the heart is. and scattered friends also mean pieces of your heart across the globe. stuff like that makes me feel warm and fuzzy. like "all over the world at the end of day" kind of warm and fuzzy. ((internet hugs)) i'll give you real ones soon. woo-hoo!

ellen said...

Home is where you hang your cowboy hat. :)

Lizzie said...

I'm so glad we got to do lunch before you take off on this huge adventure! Thanks for meeting up on such a busy week. It's always a pleasure to see you! You are going to be missed.

xo,
Lizzie

Missy said...

I know that feeling:) You will be ok and I know you will surround yourself with friends in a snap. And then you'll always have good ones across the map too now.