Aug 9, 2011

Q & his first haircut @ Priest Lake.

My mom gave me all of my haircuts for the first decade of my life. Generally, this worked out fairly well, although I did go through a stage of very aggressive bangs. I don't blame her, I blame the 80's. 

(Oddly enough, I currently have the same haircut that I had when I was four. She was either fashion-forward, or I need a new haircut.)

Quinn has had a bit of a party going on in the back for the past several months & we decided that it was time to give our baby his first trim. With a few puffs to chew on & nieces & nephews running around behind the camera as a distraction, it was easy breezy. Meaning, Grandma did it while Mike & I looked nervously on.

And now - he looks so handsome. Sigh.








12 comments:

BKnight said...

He so looks like a Hudson. :-)

erin said...

his eyes! are you entering him in contests? he would win.

more movies! more movies with you in them! love this!

erin said...

just watched it again. i love him. i really want him to like me.

Jill said...

I second Erin's comment, love love the movies. Q's bouncing about is so cute and your Mom has a gift if she can cut hair with all of that. (You & Mike hovering was making me laugh so much, we would do the same thing).

Kelsey said...

I just died a little. Seriously. This is so amazing and baby boys don't get cuter than Mr. Q. Very cute!

Missy said...

I seriously love the way you and Mike kept looking on in the background. Q is adorable.

Jan said...

Well that is about the cutest thing ever....The music totally makes it perfect! He was a very good customer, actually.....It's kind of like playing dodge-ball cutting a babie's hair. I think we did pretty darn well, considering our subject.

Heidi said...

He really is a gorgeous baby boy. A fun video- I hope you'll post more in the future!

Jill said...

love this! of course he is perfectly happy, enjoying his puffs while getting his hair cut. every other baby boy would be hysterically screaming.

Whitney said...

This video is priceless!!

He looks so handsome (as always).

noelle said...

i'm cracking up over mike's face. your mom has a gift. i feel like i need her in my life. maybe she can cut ez's hair, because it's getting spiky and ridiculous and because my boys always scream bloody murder during their hair cuts at this age. something about seeing hair falling off their body. maybe. i don't really know. i just have dramatic kids. but q's bouncing!!!!!!!!! loooooove it.

Alissa said...

Jan is extremely *talented* and that's an understatement! Q is the cutest lil' guy ever - I just love him. How great for this first cut memory to be made at the lake!