Dec 11, 2012

Sugar Cookies.

One of my many failings as a mother is the fact that up until last week, my child had never decorated a cookie. Ever. I decided to organize a little Christmas cookie decorating playgroup nonetheless (mama guilt that my child watches me breastfeed all day & we rarely leave the house?) with a few of his little friends. We had a really happy time, Q quickly figured out how to get as many sprinkles as possible onto one cookie, & my friends mothered Q while I tended to West & lugged my camera around. It was messy, but outside! 

(Moving it to the park across the street was the best decision I've ever made.)

Also, I should mention that Q cheated death not once but three times within the span of about an hour. I'm grateful for fast reflexes & speedy friends who can catch my child mid-air. 

I brought along some peppermint puppy chow, since the number of sugar cookies I'd baked + sugary toppings probably wouldn't suffice in fulfilling sugar overdoses for the day. Oh my goodness, it was amazing - & seriously took 5 minutes to make (& "make" seems like an overstatement). 

Peppermint Crunch Puppy Chow

5 cups Rice Chex cereal
10 ounces melting white chocolate OR vanilla flavored Almond Bark
1 cup crushed candy canes
1 cup powdered sugar
Pour 5 cups of Chex Cereal into a large bowl.  Melt white chocolate/almond bark according to the package directions.  Pour melted chocolate over cereal, stirring and folding until the cereal is completely covered. Fold in the crushed candy canes

In a large zipped top bag or covered container, add the powdered sugar. Pour the chocolate covered cereal/candy canes into the large bag or container.  Seal the bag or container and shake until all the cereal is coated with the powdered mixture.

 Photos!
 

1 comment:

Ming said...

Thanks for hosting another great get together! You got some fun pics and thanks again for the cute jacket!!