Apr 3, 2013

My mom was here.

My mom was here! Several weeks ago at this point. We all really, really loved it.

Yesterday, I took both boys (!!) down to the Houston Zoo and the train. Quinn kept asking for Grandma! (because she took him twice while she was here). I love that he remembers the things that they've done together. The other day, he asked to get on the airplane so that we could go see Grandma. Today, he told me that he wanted to go to the Lake! They have such a sweet little relationship, obvious by the giggles and smiles that went on for at least the first three hours after she arrived. He was so happy. 

We had a good visit with her. Beautiful weather, lots of time at the park, lunches out, a few trips downtown, and uninhibited playtime in the dirt (she gives Quinn more free reign than I do). She even taught me how the sewing machine that she gave to me as a housewarming gift 18+ months ago (!!) and we worked on a few projects. She finished up the really beautiful quilt she had made for West, helped me out with a few things around the house, and generally just made life easy and happy for all of us. I love that mornings aren't quite so early while she's here, because she's always up early with those boys helping out. Mornings and evenings can be exhausting, especially when I'm alone - I'm so glad that she was here. 

A video from her visit. 

Come back soon, Mom. 



 
There was a baby at the restaurant who was, um, how do I say this - not especially beautiful. The fact that she was also crying didn't help the matter, and this is how my sweet child reacted (?!?)*. We ended up having to switch tables to the other side of the restaurant so that he couldn't see her any more. He finally calmed down and we were able to enjoy our fajitas. But seriously! Drama.  

(We went back to this restaurant a week later with my brother Adrew and his wife Paige. When we were walking up to the restaurant Quinn said, Baby! Bye bye! Baby! Crying! He did not want to see that girl again.) 

*To be fair, she was proabably the most unfortunate looking little (giant!) baby I'd ever seen.




1 comment:

Jill said...

1-Yay for moms visiting and making life so much easier.

2-Jealous of the perfect weather you have! I'm sure Wyatt and Jude would love an outing at the zoo.

3-Ugly babies ruin everything!